Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Week # 10/13/2009 (Adjuntas)

Email dated: 10/13/2009 (3rd Transfer – Staying in Adjuntas)

ok so I’ve got to make this email short cuz I just typed a whole email to you and then the computer didn’t work and it got lost so I’m kinda bummed about that but o well haha :)but anyways first things first I’m staying in Adjuntas and Elder Kolar is leaving to the islands. It’s kinda crazy he’s been studying his Papiamento and it cracks me up I don’t know how much I want to go to the islands because I want to learn Spanish really really good but yeah Papiamento is a pretty funny language and most likely I’ll end up getting sent to the islands sometime and have to learn it. but yeah other than that not a whole lot has happened here. President came down and had church with us and that was really cool and then he taught a thing about missionary work to all the leaders it was really cool he just explained how the church is changing the missionary program and now we are trying to move it worldwide where the members do the finding and all missionaries do is teach. He told us how and what we need to do to get there obviously our mission is really far from that because we do A TON! of finding but we are working on getting it there. haha but yeah that was good and he also said my companion is coming from the islands but we don’t know who it is yet we will find out Wednesday :)anyways so that’s cool you saw all those guys blogs! Elder Knudsen is with me right now and he thought that was pretty cool. He’s an awesome guy but he is getting moved too :( there are 5 people moving from my district this transfer. It’s kinda crazy and in my zone they are closing some areas like Andrea’s email explained my mission is getting the numbers cut a lot. When I came here there were 100 missionaries and my mission is getting cut to 50 – slowly. haha it’s cuz they have so many missions opening around the world so they need to send people over there. Anyways I better get going. I sent you guys a package today so that should get there soon it doesn’t have to much just a bunch of stuff I didn’t want here and some stuff for Eric’s b-day but yeah I’ll talk to you guys next week.
love ya elder ward

No comments:

Post a Comment